Next program starts November 10, 2020!
What’s happening now
You are excited and proud about your company’s success and you love your team. At the same time, you know that each person could uplevel the way they work and produce even better results. You have some individuals who are not taking enough ownership and others who don’t delegate enough. Some people who aren’t communicating productively, and it’s common that people aren’t as effective as you want them to be in all areas of their job.
The reason is that you don’t have a rock solid system for hiring the precise people you need. Or a system supporting them individually in a way that creates higher level productivity, teamwork, results, and significant growth in and from each person…let alone yourself.
Your teams are doing great work but it’s time to solve these existing staff challenges and scale your collective work capacity.
You need a thriving company work culture to drive your impact and profits even further. I’m not talking about happy hours and fun celebrations. I’m talking about the way each person uses their time throughout the day to plan, make decisions, create, collaborate, and communicate to get their work done.
With a clear roadmap and the processes to create this type of work culture, each member of your team will know how to perform at a high level, both technically and attitudinally. And what’s more, you and your managers will know how to respond with skill and confidence when individuals don’t meet the mark.
With commitment and effort from the top down, your staff will be happier, more collaborative, and more effective. When you model your expectations and cultivate this kind of environment, your business will flourish in surprising, new ways.
During the Managing Culture training and coaching program, leaders will gain critical new leadership skills and implement an authentic and productive company culture upgrade. With each new training module and Nina’s support, you’ll gain more understanding of the path to scaling your culture, and more proficiency with the process, while you feel good about the new work life you are creating for everyone.
Nina will give you done-for-you resources, and guide you to personalize these supporting documents for your business. This will help you streamline your hiring, training, and supervision processes and give you the confidence you crave, knowing that you are leveraging these critical parts of management. As you practice and learn these new skills, you’ll get real-time coaching and support.
The program will culminate in the development of the philosophy, systems, and leadership capacity to support your ideal culture.
Begin this valuable work now and start 2021 ready to take your business to the next level.
Module 1: The map to a holistic culture shift and Behavior and Attitudes Standards
- Learn what ‘business culture’ is and why it is important.
- Discover how to develop a more cohesive and productive work culture.
- Understand the components of your ideal culture and create Behavior and Attitudes Standards to use as the basis for all hiring, training, and supervision.
Module 2: Hiring
- Discover the most revealing, useful questions to ask–and not ask–during an interview.
- Create your custom hiring plan to be used for every new hire.
- Learn how to select the people most likely to be a cultural match for your company.
Module 3: Training
- Understand how your training program or lack of training has been getting in the way of cultivating a successful culture.
- Learn how to create a training program that emphasizes the equal importance of both technical and attitudinal performance.
- Discover how to retain great employees through ongoing training and development opportunities.
Module 4: Supervision
- Discover the most essential components of excellent supervision.
- Understand the importance of being an energizing manager.
- Learn how to deliver inspiring formal and informal feedback.
Module 5: Performance reviews and solidifying your new culture
- Discover how to develop a sustainable culture of learning, feedback, and growth.
- Learn how to write and deliver impactful performance reviews.
- Understand how to use your Behavior and Attitudes Standards to decide when to reward and promote people, and when to let people go (not the legal, rather the decision-making and internal processes).
Through the Managing Culture training program, you will learn a smart, proven system for scaling your full team’s capacity. You will feel excited and encouraged about what is possible in your business and will have already started to implement some of the tools you have.
While implementing all that you’ve learned, you’ll go even further, faster, by deepening your understanding and taking action on every aspect of the holistic system, and truly acquiring the leadership and communication skills that go along with evolving your culture.
The fastest way to the biggest results is to apply what you’ve learned, and in the process, get laser-focused coaching in real-time. This helps you to gain a deeper understanding and to leverage each of the powerful tools you learn, with guidance as you go. You want to build on your foundation with consistent practice and an expert feedback loop in order to efficiently grow the skills you are excited to develop. This is how to take your culture to the next level and produce sustainable results.
What’s more, you’re not alone. Though sometimes you’ll feel like you are as you work so hard every day to respond to immediate needs, deal with fires, and feel afraid to let any of it go because you worry that no one will do it as well as you.
That’s where the Managing Culture Coaching comes in.
Starting in February 2021, for 10 months, I will be working with you and your leadership team to provide the coaching, community, and accountability needed to take each of your skills to the next level.
The way you learn in a group experience can create the motivation and determination to get far beyond where you might get on your own. Working within this community includes a healthy dose of fun pressure to stick to your culture goals and transform your typically unnoticed wins into group celebrations and added pride and confidence.
Throughout the Coaching portion of the program, you will:
- Set and share goals for completing your hiring and training documents and systems
- Apply the supervision structure and work to grow as leaders
- Report on progress and bring real hiring, training, and supervision issues to group meetings to get support
- Get real-time coaching from Nina within the group environment
- Have small, steady doses of relevant micro–training delivered right when you need it, based on what comes up in the group.
Over the course of 10 months*:
- You and your participating leadership team will understand and implement a cohesive system for hiring, training, and supervising.
- You will have a streamlined hiring process and templates, and you will develop the skills to find and select candidates who are the most likely to be aligned with your culture.
- You will create a general onboarding plan for all new hires and specific training plans for key roles in your organization, and have a model to create specific training for any role in the company.
- You will have created and implemented a supervision structure that will allow you to support high-quality performance, inspire ongoing professional growth, and make promotion decisions–and/or decisions to let people go–with more consistency.
- You and your participating leadership team will practice masterful supervision techniques.
- You will apply the holistic approach and systems for maintaining the work and team culture you desire.
*Note: Exact results depend on your learning and growth capacity, commitment to, and follow-through on all parts of the Managing Culture approach.
The Managing Culture Coaching is designed to support massive culture evolution using the benefits of coaching and group experience combined, from wherever you are now to your next level and beyond.
Because every person’s participation in the program will affect the rest, program requirements have been designed to make sure that each participant understands their role in their own success as well as the success of the group.
Through a commitment to both 1) showing up ready and engaged for Managing Culture Coaching meetings and 2) taking massive action between group meetings, each business will set its own relevant goals and incrementally evolve their work culture all year long.
We will also stay connected through an online, private community space. This will be a place to ask questions, share resources, celebrate wins, and give and get support throughout the entire program.
We’ll gather together for five live, all-day online classes where Nina will give you practical take-home assignments to start building skills and applying the new topic to your business.
Classes take place from 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM PT on the following dates:
November 10, 2020
December 8, 2020
January 5, 2021
January 19, 2021
January 26, 2021
We’ll begin the coaching part of the program in February 2021 after you complete the five training sessions.
- All trained leaders will meet with Nina online for 90 minutes, two times per month (for a total of three hours) to deepen our learning and skills through continued training and coaching on implementing and issues.
- All owners will meet with Nina online for one hour, one time per month to learn, discuss, and get coaching on owner-specific issues.
- All owners can meet with Nina individually for one hour up to three times during the program for individual coaching.
Coaching dates will be announced in December 2020.
Who participates: Everyone in your business who manages people, who will manage people within the next 12 months, or who is a needed role model in the business should participate in the program together, e.g. owners, HR manager, team managers, high-level staff who don’t manage, etc.
Course location: Online on Zoom
Required participant agreements
To respect and honor all participants (yourself included!), commitment to the following is required:
- Attendance at all training sessions.
- Attendance at all monthly coaching sessions. Dates for monthly sessions will be announced in early 2021.
- If a session must be missed, you’ll listen to the session recording and stay caught up on group agreements.
- We understand that last-minute life emergencies come up. To honor you and the group, if more than two sessions must be missed by any individual, your business or the individual may be withdrawn from the Managing Culture program.
- Commitment to putting in the time and focus needed to work on your business culture in order to create a massive culture shift.
- Respect for and no judgement of others in the group. Support for each group member’s growth.
- Commitment to not judging yourself and to support your own ambitious growth. Willingness to be coached about it in the group environment if you find yourself struggling to not self-judge. Self-judgement and unintended self-sabotage is common. Your willingness and openness to being coached, and to learning, is what’s important in this program.
- Openness to and value of direct and compassionate individual and business coaching in the group setting.
The Managing Culture Program is a great match for you if you:
- Have at least two and up to 100 employees.
- Are excited about the holistic Managing Culture system, and want to apply the principles and processes with skill.
- Want to understand what is holding you back professionally and what is holding back your culture and want to evolve those parts of yourself, your leadership team, and your business.